LGFA (NeuroGuides) is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that respects and values the diversity of all individuals. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is not only the right thing to do, but it also helps us to better serve our community and fulfill our mission.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes, but is not limited to, the following principles:
- We value diversity in all forms, including age, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, neurodivergent status, and any other individual differences.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect and dignity, and we strive to create a safe and welcoming environment for all individuals.
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities for employment, training, and advancement to all individuals, regardless of their background or characteristics.
- We recognize that neurodivergent individuals may have different needs and preferences, and we strive to provide reasonable accommodations and support to ensure that everyone can contribute to their fullest potential.
- We encourage open and respectful communication, feedback, and collaboration among all individuals, and we are committed to addressing any issues or concerns related to diversity and inclusion in a prompt and effective manner.
To uphold these principles, we will:
- Provide training and resources to all staff and volunteers on the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, including recruitment and hiring practices, performance evaluation, and employee development.
- Encourage and support the participation of all individuals, including those who are neurodivergent, in decision-making processes and organizational leadership.
- Conduct regular assessments of our diversity and inclusion practices and policies, and use the results to improve our efforts and ensure that we are meeting our goals.
By following these principles and actions, we believe that we can create an inclusive and supportive environment for all individuals. We welcome feedback and suggestions from our community members on how we can continue to improve our diversity and inclusion efforts.